The Library is open to faculty, staff, and students with services and spaces altered to meet health and safety precautions. The Library is closed to the general public. Face masks are required to visit the Library. For individuals who cannot wear a mask, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for alternative access to services. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes are available throughout the Library for your use.
These are some of the changes you can expect to see at the Lib:
- The Mulva Studio (basement level), Mulva 101, the flex space (first floor), and the Reflection Lounge (third floor) are classroom spaces. Plan to study in these areas after 3pm.
- All spaces have reduced capacity. Most group study spaces have been converted to individual study spaces. Reserve a room here.
- Food and drink must be enjoyed in Ed’s Cafe. Eating/drinking is not permitted in study spaces this semester.
- Printers are available in the Library.
- Laptops are available to check-out for one week. If you need a semester loan, please complete this form.
- Desktop computers, including Macs with Adobe Creative Suite, are available for use on the first floor.
- DVDs, whiteboards, charging cables, and headphones remain available for check-out.
Research & Instruction
- Students – Schedule a Research Center appointment here. A librarian will connect with you via Google Meet. Walk-in appointments are not available this semester.
- Faculty – Contact Joe Dyal, Instruction and Academic Engagement Librarian, to incorporate information literacy into your course. Contact Sarah Titus, Librarian for Archives and Special Collections, for archival materials. Digitized copies will be sent via email. Archival workshops for classrooms (digital or limited in-person) are available.
- Find streaming media at SNC Kanopy or SNC’s streaming film list; or email email@example.com to digitize any of the Mulva Library DVDs
- For digitization of print reserves, contact David Bosco, Coordinator of Circulation Services.
- To add or link to library resources from Moodle or Google Classroom, contact Mitchell Scott, Collection Management Librarian.
- Library staff are happy to retrieve any books you want to borrow. Find the book you want via the library search and use the ‘place hold’ feature to login to your library account and request. Library staff will have the book at the front desk for you. Books are quarantined upon return.
- Document delivery / interlibrary loan of books, electronic articles and chapter scans are still available to all current students, faculty, and staff. Interlibrary loan deliveries arrive on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Staff will make every effort to deliver your items in a timely manner.
- Students will be notified via email when books are available for pick-up (books will be ready within 1-2 days).
- College employees can expect to receive their items in campus mail (books will arrive within 2-3 business days from time of receipt).
- Purchase books, eBooks, films or other materials here or contact Mitchell Scott, Collection Management Librarian.
- The Library is not accepting donations at this time.